Don Woodson Annual Master Scholarship
The IPMA-HR Greaker KC Chapter provides a scholarship to encourage conference attendance and develop
professionalism. The Master Scholarship can be used for the early bird registration to attend either a
regional or international IPMA-HR conference.
Applications are accepted through the end of March each year and the scholarship is awarded at
the Chapter's Spring Conference in April.
The following criteria will guide the awarding of the Master Scholarship:
- Preference will be given to applicants who seek first time attendance at
either the regional conference or national conference.
- The applicant must be an active member of IPMA-HR Greater KC Chapter and in good financial standing.
- The applicant must have completed at least one prior year of membership in IPMA-HR Greater KC Chapter.
- Applicants must be employed in a public or not-for-profit agency/organization at the time of application.
- Applicants must submit a letter that indicates the organization’s commitment to allow attendance at the conference.
- Applicants must complete all sections of the application. Incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
- Applicants cannot be current members of the Scholarship Committee.
- Other factors considered will include non-profit community leadership roles, leadership positions in civic
organizations, certification with IPMA-HR, attendance at local IPMA-HR meetings, local chapter offices held,
and local committee participation roles.
- Scholarship will be reimbursed directly to the individual on receipt of evidence verifying the
recipient’s payment of conference registration fee.
Submit your application to the Chapter President who will forward it to the Scholarship Committee.
Master Scholarship Application (PDF)