Don Woodson Annual Master Scholarship
The IPMA-HR Greaker KC Chapter provides a scholarship to encourage conference attendance and develop professionalism. The Master Scholarship can be used for the early bird registration to attend either a regional or international IPMA-HR conference.
Applications are accepted through the end of March each year and the scholarship is awarded at the Chapter's Spring Conference in April.
The following criteria will guide the awarding of the Master Scholarship:
- Preference will be given to applicants who seek first time attendance at either the regional conference or national conference.
- The applicant must be an active member of IPMA-HR Greater KC Chapter and in good financial standing.
- The applicant must have completed at least one prior year of membership in IPMA-HR Greater KC Chapter.
- Applicants must be employed in a public or not-for-profit agency/organization at the time of application.
- Applicants must submit a letter that indicates the organization's commitment to allow attendance at the conference.
- Applicants must complete all sections of the application. Incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
- Applicants cannot be current members of the Scholarship Committee.
- Other factors considered will include non-profit community leadership roles, leadership positions in civic organizations, certification with IPMA-HR, attendance at local IPMA-HR meetings, local chapter offices held, and local committee participation roles.
- Scholarship will be reimbursed directly to the individual on receipt of evidence verifying the recipient’s payment of conference registration fee.
Submit your application to the Chapter President who will forward it to the Scholarship Committee.
Thomas F. Lewinsohn Award
In order to recognize and honor members of the IPMA-HR Greater KC Chapter who have made outstanding contributions to the purposes and conduct of the Greater KC Chapter, the Board of Directors has established the Thomas F. Lewinsohn Award, which may be conferred on one person each year.
The major criteria are that any person selected:
- Be an active practitioner in public human resources management promoting sound, positive, innovative, and effective personnel principles, and
- Be an active member in the IPMA-HR Greater KC Chapter motivating and promoting professional growth in the personnel field.
All Chapter members are eligible to submit nominations. The President-Elect shall forward nomination forms to all members. Nominations shall be on the official Nomination Form. Nominations are accepted through the end of March each year. The award is presented at the Chapter's Spring Conference in April each year.
Submit the application to the chapter president who will forward it to the Board for consideration.
1993 - Dianna S. Wright
1994 - Richard Krueger
1995 - Yasmine Chapman
1999 - Pamela Symonds Kannady
2000 - Pat Hawkins
2001 - Tom Briggs, IPMA-SCP
2002 - Lori Carnahan
2003 - Susan L. Gray
2004 - Cynthia R. Pitts
2005 - No Award
2006 - Don Woodson
2007 - No Award
2008 - No Award
2009 - Amy C. Brusven, IPMA-CP
2011 - Karen Reed
2012 - Shana Marsh, IPMA-CP
2013 - No Award
2014 - Kim Marshall
2015 - Lori Briggs, IPMA, SCP
2016 - Becky Salter, IPMA-SCP
2017 - Sari Maple, IPMA-SCP
2018 – Lisa York, IPMA-SCP
2019 - Kathy McNemee
The IPMA-HR Greater KC Chaper has a tradition of helping local charities during the winter holiday season. Please watch for information on collection of donations and timelines via email.